HIP PAIN TREATMENT
Every step you take, every move you make, the hip joint is the one of the most important in the human body.
• Cartilage wear down
• Muscle and tendon strain
• Lower back problems
• Inflamed tendon
• Pinched nerves
• Polymyalgia rheumatica (inflammatory disorder)
• The pain is sudden/ intense
• Result of an injury or fall
• Swelling or bleeding
The hip is the biggest ball and socket joint of the human body that allows the thighs to move in different directions. This joint along with muscles and tendons, help hold up the weight of the body so we can walk, run and jump. There is also cartilage in the socket of the joint to ensure smooth movements and to prevent friction.
It is common to feel discomfort in other areas of the body from hip pain. So you might feel discomfort in:
• Legs (when applying weight on it)
Other symptoms may also include any of the following:
• Muscle stiffness
• Reduced movement in the hip
Since there are so many different reasons for hip pain, treatment can vary. Some treatments include:
• Occupational therapy
• Anti-inflammatory, pain- killing medicines or creams
• Steroid injections
• Weight loss and exercise
• Stretching, strengthening exercises or resistance training
Its easy and simple to make a booking with one of our qualified physiotherapy experts. Don’t suffer alone: get help with your pain today, as your condition may worsen over time.
Here at Point Cook Physical, we believe in providing a thorough and comprehensive assessment at the start of each new session. Our Physiotherapists will then develop a safe, bespoke and effective treatment plan that’s specifically tailored to your needs, goals and lifestyle. Through a variety of exercise routines and relaxation techniques, our aim is to:
- Identify the causes of physical pain
- Prevent pain and injury
- Strengthen your muscles
- Reduce stiffness and pain
- Manipulate and mobilise joints
- Rehabilitate injuries through exercises
- Achieve peak fitness if you have ongoing health issues
- Educate again poor movement habits
Hip Pain Treatment is a drug-free and surgery-free path to relieve you from your aches and pains, help you recover from illness and stay healthy.
Get $10 when you refer a friend to Point Cook Physical
Refer your friends and family to Point Cook Physical and be rewarded with a $10 credit for every new patient that you refer to the clinic.